Subject: Plants in libraries

Plants in libraries

From: Julie A. Page <julie_page>
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 1996
At the University of California-San Diego library we have five very
large planters under large lightwells which are adjacent to stack
areas.  The planters are being re-evaluated, and I am gathering
specific citations in the literature as to the environmental effects
of planted areas inside libraries.  My bias against them is well
known, but I am collecting information on all sides of the issue,
such as NASA research which supports the positive affect of certain
kinds of plants on indoor air pollution.  I would appreciate
receiving library/plant literature citations and will summarize for
the list if you send them to me directly.

Julie Page
Preservation Librarian
Geisel Library 0175N
University of Calif.-San Diego