Subject: Glass transition temperature of cellulose nitrate and B-72

Glass transition temperature of cellulose nitrate and B-72

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Saturday, May 4, 1996
Has anyone tests data on the glass transition temperature of HMG
Cellulose Nitrate as opposed to HMG Paraloid B72? I have spoken with
the makers and they themselves have not carried out such testing
however the consensus of opinion seems to be that HMG Cellulose
Nitrate has a better Glass Transition Temperature than B72 though
B72 is less prone to discolouration during aging. I would like to
know what the glass transition temperature for each of the two
grades is.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                    Distributed: Sunday, May 5, 1996