Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Jessica S. Johnson <jsjohnson>
Date: Tuesday, April 30, 1996
I am helping a museum group put together environmental monitoring
kits that will go around to various museums in the state.  Several
other regions or states already have these kits. The kits will
include various environmental monitors (UV, light, RH/temp).  I
would like to include dataloggers in the kits, so that people can
get something more than spot readings around their museum, even if
it's only for a week or so while they've got the kits.  Part of the
reason for these kits is to teach museum people about the various
options for monitoring as well as giving them information about
their environment.

The problem is that there are a lot of dataloggers out there, and new
versions coming out all the time. I've used ACR loggers, I don't know much
about other types.  I would like to hear from anyone who has compared the
various loggers and what you liked and didn't like about them.  I'm
specifically concerned about durability, and ease of use on-site and
downloading data.  Cost of course, will come into it too.

Jessica S. Johnson, Assistant Conservator
Materials Conservation Lab, Texas Memorial Museum
University of Texas at Austin
PRC #122, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
512-471-6090
Fax: 512-471-6092

                    Distributed: Sunday, May 5, 1996