Subject: Published technical analyses of paintings

Published technical analyses of paintings

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 1996
Rustin Levenson <rplmiami [at] aol__com> writes

>We are writing a textbook intended to introduce art historians to technical
>analysis of paintings.
>... Please let us know of any articles, museum catalogues,
>or books that contain technical information.  There is no obvious index
>beyond AATA, which is not complete in this area.

AATA is concerned about useful publications that are not being
abstracted.  Anyone who knows of material that is not being
routinely scanned for abstracting or is willing to do abstracting,
please contact me, the AATA office at the Getty, or Jessica Brown,
the Managing Editor <jbrown [at] getty__edu>, as we are always trying to
fill voids in coverage.

Barbara Appelbaum

                    Distributed: Sunday, May 5, 1996