Subject: Published technical analyses of paintings

Published technical analyses of paintings

From: Rustin Levenson <rplmiami>
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 1996
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

We are writing a textbook intended to introduce art historians to technical
analysis of paintings.  We are drawing our examples widely, and primarily
from published sources and want to include art history as well as
conservation literature.  We are trying to spread out examples across
thirteenth to twentieth-century paintings, and focus on works on view in
public collections.  Please let us know of any articles, museum catalogues,
or books that contain technical information.  There is no obvious index
beyond AATA, which is not complete in this area.  We are combing libraries
and quizzing colleagues and continually finding new and exciting material.
Can you help us?  Thanks,

Rustin Levenson and Andrea Kirsh
rplmiami [at] aol__com

                  Distributed: Friday, April 26, 1996