Subject: Photocopiers

Photocopiers

From: Linda Blaser <blaser>
Date: Monday, April 15, 1996
Here at the Folger Shakespeare Library we are trying to find out
information on suitable copying machines.  A query was sent out to
ExLibris.  We are now looking to hear from conservators.  Many of
the responses have focused on the Book Master Selectec, and the
Xerox Bookmark.  We are especially interested in finding out if
anyone has information about the Sharp Binder Minder and its
suitability for photocopying rare books.  The Binder Minder is being
marketed as the photocopier for fragile books, but I'm wondering if
anyone is actually using it in a rare book/special collections
environment. I would appreciate hearing from anyone using the Binder Minder for rare
books, and anyone with additional information about other copiers for rare
books.

Linda  A. Blaser
Senior Book Conservator

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 17, 1996