Subject: Analytical laboratories

Analytical laboratories

From: Frank D. Preusser <fdp>
Date: Thursday, April 4, 1996
Many preservation projects would greatly benefit from analyses of
the materials from the object, monument, or building.  It is however
frequently very difficult to find an analytical laboratory, that is
capable and willing to undertake the kinds of analyses we frequently
require, within the often limited time frame, and budgetary
constraints.

The National Center for Preservation Technology and Training (NCPTT)
has asked us to compile a listing of laboratories (non-profit,
university, and commercial) in the U.S., that have provided, or
could provide analytical support to historic preservation (not
research).  If you have had samples analyzed in the past we would
greatly appreciate information about the laboratory or laboratories
you have been working with.  It would also be important to know, who
did the data interpretation.  Any personal information you provide
will be kept strictly confidential.

Please reply directly to fdp [at] aol__com, not to the list.  We will
provide a summary of the responses at the end of the project.

Frank D. Preusser
Frank Preusser & Associates, Inc.
818-348-0481
Fax: 818-348-1764