Subject: Guide to CD care

Guide to CD care

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 1996
I wanted to let people know that there is a pretty decent guide to
CD (writable and ROM) care on the Kodak web site.  I met the tech.
people who did much of the research at Kodak and they are
knowledgeable and credible.  The guide talks about both long-term
aging and well (and perhaps most importantly) about catastrophic
failure modes such as peeling labels off.  They intend to publish
the guide in paper format, but wanted to get the virtual version on
the web out first.  The address for "Permanence, Care, and Handling
of CDs" is http://www.Kodak.com/daiHome/techInfo/permanence.shtml

Contents:
    CD Types:  CD-ROM and Writable CD
    The Nature of CD-ROM Discs