Subject: Erasures

Erasures

From: Bruce Ford <bford>
Date: Saturday, March 30, 1996
Wesley Boomgaarden <wboomgaa [at] bottom__magnus__acs__ohio-state__edu>

>The diary, whose entries are largely in
>pencil, has several key sections that exhibit sections that show
>evidence of erasures. ...
>So, my query is: with whom would you recommend I confer for advice
>on bringing these missing lines "back?"

Forensic scientists commonly visualise erasures using electrostatic
precipitation of a black (?) powder onto the paper. It is a standard
procedure and any well equipped forensic lab or document examination
consultancy would have the equipment.

Bruce Ford

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 2, 1996