Subject: Masonry conservation web site

Masonry conservation web site

From: Maureen Young <surmy>
Date: Wednesday, March 27, 1996
There is a new web site for heritage conservation which has been put
up by the Masonry Conservation Research Group at the Robert Gordon
University in Aberdeen, Scotland. We have been carrying out research
in the field of masonry conservation since 1989 and the web pages
contain information on a number of research projects we have been
involved in including :

    cleaning of sandstone & granite buildings
    use of biocides
    algal growth on building sandstones
    biodeterioration of building stone
    value assessment of stone-cleaning