Subject: Pipe organ restoration

Pipe organ restoration

From: Nicolaas Waanders <nwaanders>
Date: Friday, March 22, 1996
I am currently compiling a list of organisations or resources
relevant to any of the following activities concerning historic pipe
organs:

    *   study
    *   documentation
    *   conservation
    *   restoration

By 'organisation' I mean an entity or resource which is generally
accessible, and could include: a library, a periodical, a school for
restorers, a university department, internet resources, but does
*not* include private organ building companies.

The interest could be solely at the level of documentation, and need
not necessarily include the execution of any restoration activity.

I would be grateful for any information concerning such
organisations, preferably including a brief description of the
activities carried out, with a contact address (preferably email)
for further information.  Please respond by private email to
nwaanders [at] aec2000__it

It is intended that the information will be used in the compilation
of an appendix to a forthcoming publication of the Istituto Centrale
per il Restauro (Rome). I will also make the information available
to any interested groups on the internet.

Nick Waanders
Via Gaeta 29, 00185 Roma, Italy
+39 6 4741210#44

                  Distributed: Monday, March 25, 1996