Subject: Kodak round table at AIIM

Kodak round table at AIIM

From: Peter Graham <psgraham>
Date: Thursday, March 21, 1996
I received a letter today from Kodak announcing a "round table" they
are sponsoring at the upcoming AIIM meeting in Chicago (on imaging),
called "Publication Preservation and Distribution:  Technology
Roundtable."  I was invited to participate along with my peers in a
session facilitated but not dominated by Kodak to discuss and share
views etc.

The list of invitees was not attached as advertised so I called Brad
Moritz, Director of Equipment Marketing, the letter's signee.  He
told me that the letter had been sent to many business marketing in
the area, but they realized they wanted to get in touch with end
users as well so they had gotten "an ALA list" which is no doubt how
I got on it.  I suggested a few other names (sorry, folks) and they
seemed to know of some.

He knew that AIIM was not a normal library meeting and had
apparently already thought of trying to arrange something at ALA
some time.  I encouraged this.  It seemed to me that as major
vendors are thinking about what the user needs are there's no harm
in our trying to get our needs heard.  Who knows what effect it will
have.  He said he will send me a report of the discussions at the
meeting; if it's of interest I will post it.  We'll see.

Peter Graham
Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave.,
New Brunswick, NJ 08903