Subject: Playback equipment

Playback equipment

From: Gilles St-Laurent <gsl>
Date: Friday, March 8, 1996
Jacob McMurray <jacobm [at] vnw__com> writes

>I need to buy a reel-to-reel tape recorder we can use to listen to
>tapes we acquire for the collection. Are good, versatile machines
>(that can play various kinds and speeds of tape on reels) hard to
>find these days?

The Studer A-807 is a rugged, professional reel-to-reel tape
recorder that I can highly recommend (I have two of them).   There
is a large range of option available and it can be configured to
meet any needs.

You'll need a machine that can play full track, 1/2 track, 1/4 track
and mono tapes.  To accomplish this from one machine a 1/2 track
machine (one that plays and records 1/2 track) is required with an
extra playback head added to reproduce 1/4 track tapes.  The mono
option is also required to properly playback mono tapes.

Contact Studer at:

    Studer Revox America, Inc.
    1425 Elm Hill Pike
    Nashville, Tennessee 37210