Subject: Converting Vacudyne fumigation Chambers

Converting Vacudyne fumigation Chambers

From: Jerry Shiner <70252.763>
Date: Saturday, March 9, 1996
A few days ago I received a handsome folder from Vacudyne (phone 708
757-5200) outlining their Retrofit program for converting existing
chambers to Nitrogen Anoxia Chambers.

The systems "include... a nitrogen/humidity conditioning module and
control system for mounting on an existing chamber or other
appropriate area."  The price is about $8,000, (more for the cart
mounted system.)

The chamber illustrated is not large, but they still make their
complex and very large units for Ethylene Oxide treatments, and seem
interested in retrofits.

Of course, being a born do-it-yourselfer, I wonder if it isn't
possible to set up a less expensive system for occasional use based
on the information now out there, as long as the chamber is well
sealed.

Jerry Shiner,
Keepsafe Systems

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 14, 1996