Subject: Preservation of albumen prints

Preservation of albumen prints

From: Stacy Marie Finley <smfinley>
Date: Friday, March 1, 1996
I am a graduate student at the university of Maryland and I am
writing a paper on the history and preservation of albumen
photographic prints. I have already looked at several books and
archival manuals for information. However, many of the sources
discuss 19th century photographs in general, and do not specifically
address albumen prints.

I would be interested to learn how archivists and conservators at
various institutions preserve their albumen photographic prints
(i.e. storage, exhibition, researcher access, disaster recovery
procedures, etc.).

Stacy M. Finley
University of Maryland, College Park

                  Distributed: Thursday, March 7, 1996