Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Anne Pat Smith <smith>
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 1996
Our library is about to purchase several hygrothermographs for our
remote storage facility and we are in a dilemma. Should we go with
data loggers or the conventional hygrothermographs which feature a
human hair bundle humanity sensor? I looked on CoOL and found some
information on both the data logger and the hygrothermograph but I
am especially interested in how they compare in terms of performance
(i.e. temperature & humidity accuracy, average response time, etc.)
and cost. We have examined catalogues from Cole-Palmer and Dickson,
but would appreciate words of wisdom based on personal experience
(or other knowledge!) We would like to make this purchase very soon
and would therefore greatly appreciate your response. Thanks,

Pat Smith
Head, Preservation Dept.
Ohio University Libraries

                   Distributed: Monday, March 4, 1996