Subject: Dry cleaning textiles

Dry cleaning textiles

From: Elizabeth Finney <sha5emf>
Date: Monday, February 5, 1996
I am currently a student at the University of Wales, Cardiff
undertaking a degree in Archaeological Conservation.  My
undergraduate thesis is examining the effects of the dry cleaning
process upon historic textiles.  If any one has had experience with
this process I would be keen to hear from them.  I am particularly
interested in finding out whether textile conservators are aware of
the types of solvents and detergents used during the process and
whether they feel the objects have subsequently suffered from
unexpected problems which may be related to this cleaning.  I have
prepared a questionnaire which I could send out to any interested
parties.

Elizabeth Finney
Undergraduate
University of Wales