Subject: Documentation systems

Documentation systems

From: Jean Bailey <jbailey>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 1996
Rick Zwies <rzwies [at] getty__edu> writes

>The Getty Center would like to create an on-line system for storing
>standard condition/treatment report information.  Our hope is to
>merge the evaluation/treatment data with each bibliographic record on
>our on-line catalog that is an Innovative system.

The staff in the Collection Management Department at the University
of Sydney Library  specified requirements for a conservation module
in the RFP and were disappointed that III could not provide same.
We are certainly interested in any developments, especially in
relation to interfacing software, and will watch the postings with
interest.

Just a minor point, Rick, do you mean the item record  rather than
the bibliographic record because the data will vary for each copy?

Jean Bailey
Senior Library Technician (Conservation)
Collection Management Department
Fisher Library
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Australia