Subject: Cleaning with lasers

Cleaning with lasers

From: Lynn Campbell <campbelll>
Date: Friday, February 2, 1996
IJsbrand Hummelen <humm [at] xs4all__nl> writes

>The following is posted on behalf of Giovanna di Pietro
>
>    I am involved on a feasibility study on laser cleaning of art
>    objects

There were two papers at the Marble to Chocolate Conference at the
Tate Gallery in Sept Oct 1995. They were

    1.  Eros The laser cleaning of an Aluminium Sculpture by John
        Larson

    2.  A new surface imaging technique in conservation by Sheila
        Fairbrass and Darykl R Williams.

Both the talks are in the Conference Preprints available from Archetype
Books. Hope this is helpful,

Lynn Campbell
Conservator McDougall Art Gallery
Christchurch