Subject: Archival x-ray envelopes

Archival x-ray envelopes

From: Ellen Pearlstein <pearlstn>
Date: Wednesday, January 24, 1996
We are seeking a source for archival paper envelopes that pass the
Photographic Activity Test and can be used to store 14" x 17" x-rays.
Conservation Resources gave us a quote of about $1.18 per envelope with a
minimum order of 1000 envelopes.  We would also have to pay the die cost
for generating an envelope of this size.  Other conservators have
received similar quotes from University Products.  We have found the
minimum order cost prohibitive, and would like to persuade one of the
archival paper product companies to begin selling x-ray envelopes as a
catalog item.  If you know of an existing source for archival envelopes
of this size, please let us know.  Otherwise, if your institution is also
interested in this product, please contact us so that we can generate a
list of interested customers in order to encourage the
archival paper companies to market these envelopes.

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 31, 1996