Subject: Publication about nitrate film

Publication about nitrate film

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Friday, January 12, 1996
A number of people have called or written to enquire about how to
obtain Kodak Publication H-182, Safe Handling, Storage, and
Destruction of Nitrate-Based Motion Picture Films.  I had neglected
to include that in the last posting.  Apologies for any
inconvenience that this may have caused to readers of the list.

Single copies of the publication can be obtained by calling
1-800-242-2424 ext. 25 or ext. 19 Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm
(Eastern Time).  These are the extensions for amateur and
professional products and either can help. For larger quantities,
contact publications at 1-800-233-1650.

I'm not sure about the current policy, but they used to provide
single copies for free.  Large quantities were available in lots of
10 for a price (for H-182, it should be no more than $1.00 per copy
plus S/H.)

Please note the two extension numbers listed above.  The last page
of publication H-182 says to call ext. 60 for product information,
but ext. 60 goes to Color processing.

My announcement of the Kodak pamphlet was purely for information
purposes and is not intended as an endorsement of the information.
I have only had a chance to glance through the information, but have
not read it in detail yet.  However, nothing jumped out at me as
being seriously "of a different opinion."

-Doug

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 17, 1996