Subject: Digital thermohygrometer

Digital thermohygrometer

From: Laura Gorman <lagorman>
Date: Monday, January 8, 1996
Is anyone using a portable digital thermohygrometer that they
particularly like and find to be reliable?  I have always found them
to be a little fussy for such expensive instruments.  Also, we are
currently having to store acetate film in the same room with other
archival materials.  You can smell the acetic acid when you enter
the room.  Has anyone had any luck with filtering these degradation
products out of the air-- eg with a charcoal air scrubber? Thanks in
advance for any replies,

Laura Gorman
Conservation Services
Bishop Museum