Subject: BAPNET program

BAPNET program

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Sunday, January 7, 1996
Bay Area Preservation Network (BAPNET) Presents
An Hour with Barbara Will
Networking Coordinator, California State Library
Heller Rare Book Room
Olin Library, Mills College
January 11, 1996, 10:00 a.m. to noon
Free

Barbara will discuss the California Preservation Program and its
long-term prospects, the State Library's new Local History Grants
program, and multiple library networking in California.  There will
be a question-and-answer half hour, so please bring your questions
for Barbara.

Following the main part of the program, there will be a presentation
with discussion about a proposal for a disaster preparedness and
response mutual assistance program in the Bay Area. There will also
be a BAPnet business meeting to present an interim structure and
steering committee.  All are invited, so please plan to stay for
this important meeting.

Contact: Lynn Jones (510) 642-8843 or
Janice Braun (510) 430-2047

For more information about BAPnet and the BAPnet mailing list, see
our web pages at

    http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/bapnet/

Mills College is at 5000 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland.
>From San Francisco, take the Bay Bridge and I-80 to I-580 toward
Hayward-Stockton for about 7 miles to the MacArthur Blvd. exit. (Do
not take the MacArthur-San Pablo Ave. exit which is the first exit
in Oakland off I-580 after the Bridge.)  From the freeway off ramp,
bear right onto MacArthur Blvd; the entrance to the campus is
immediately ahead on your left.

>From Berkeley and downtown Oakland, take I-580 and proceed as in
directions from San Francisco, above.

>From Berkeley south and east of the U.C. campus, Contra Costa
County, and Oakland Hills, take Warren Freeway (Hwy. 13) south, then
I-580 West where Warren Freeway ends.  Immediately take
MacArthur/High Street exit.  Turn left at the stop sign and proceed
under the freeway overpass.  Turn left at the stop light. The Mills
College entrance is immediately on your left.

>From points south, including Fremont, San Jose, and Santa Clara:
Take I-880 (Eastshore Freeway) north toward Oakland, then Hwy. 238
towards Castro Valley.  Take I-580 west toward Oakland.  Take the
MacArthur-High St. exit just after the junction with Hwy. 13 (do not
take the MacArthur-Foothill exit.)   Turn left at the stop sign and
proceed under the freeway overpass.  Turn left at the stop light.
The Mills College entrance is immediately on your left.

Walter Henry
Stanford University Libraries

                  Distributed: Sunday, January 7, 1996