Subject: Fixing inks

Fixing inks

From: Ian Batterham <preserve>
Date: Tuesday, January 2, 1996
I have also recently obtained a copy of an article by Professor Li Yuhu
of the Archives Science and Technology section of the Research Institute of
Shaanxi Province in Xi'an, China on a range of solutions he has developed
for the fixing of inks. The solutions would appear to be remarkably useful
and I am interested to know if anyone has any experience in their use or
any other background information.

Ian Batterham
Conservation Officer
Australian Archives