Subject: Iron armor

Iron armor

From: Thanasis Velios <natuk>
Date: Thursday, December 28, 1995
During excavation in Macedonia they found an iron armour. It is
decorated with thick silver wires. The iron has completely been eaten
away and turned to oxides. The shape of the armour is different from
the original one and the silver is hardly seen. Inside the armour
there are parts of leather. Any suggestions? Don't worry it's a
theoretical exercise I was given, I just want to have many opinions
about the treatment.Thank you and have a good new year,

Thanasis Velios
Pireus, Greece

                 Distributed: Tuesday, January 2, 1996