Subject: Kapco covers

Kapco covers

From: Elaine Schiller <eschille>
Date: Monday, December 18, 1995
Jeanne Drewes <drewes [at] origami__ornet__med__umich__edu> writes

>Has anyone who has been using Kapco covers for a number of years
>have any evidence that the covers contribute to the separation of
>the cover from the textblock when the attachment is hot melt glue?

With regard to hot glue bindings failing after application of Kapco
covers, those glue bindings, I am advised, fail because of the lack
of air circulation even when Mylar tape is applied to the spine
area.  We do this as a preventive measure (Mylar) and use quite a
bit of Kapco EZ bind tape in our mendery, though we do not use Kapco
covers.  Demco representatives are the source of this information,
given in a mends presentation.

Elaine Schiller
Senior Collection Maintenance Assistant
Timberland Regional Library
415 Airdustrial Way SW
Olympia, WA  98501-5799
360-943-5001
Fax: 360-586-6838

                Distributed: Saturday, December 23, 1995