Subject: Kapco covers

Kapco covers

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Friday, December 15, 1995
Jeanne Drewes <drewes [at] origami__ornet__med__umich__edu> writes

>Has anyone who has been using Kapco covers for a number of years
>have any evidence that the covers contribute to the separation of
>the cover from the textblock when the attachment is hot melt glue?

We have used Kapco Covers for about four years now.  However, we
also use their product called Easy Bind Polyester Repair Tape to
reinforce the hinges of the paperbacks.  This is attached to both
the front and back hinges at the same time we put the covers on. I
have had only a couple of books come back to me with the cover
separated from the textblock, and these were very heavily used
books, so I then sent them to our bindery.  We use Kapco Covers on
all of our paperbacks, not just the "cheap" ones.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation/Preparation Manager
Andrews Library
College of Wooster
Wooster OH 44691-2364
+1 216 263 2487
Fax: +1 216 263 2253

                Distributed: Saturday, December 23, 1995