Subject: UV stabilization of acrylic coatings

UV stabilization of acrylic coatings

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Wednesday, December 20, 1995
I am told that Ciba-Geigy's "Tinuvin" range of
ultra-violet stabilizers has less than 5 years
life expectancy.
Should UV stabilizers be added to clear acrylic coatings
(such as Acryloid/Paraloid B67 or B72) and if so are there
any stabilizers with a longer life expectancy.

I take this opportunity to wish all of you out there a
very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources
England

                Distributed: Saturday, December 23, 1995