Subject: Effects of candle smoke on textiles

Effects of candle smoke on textiles

From: Jane M. Brown <brownjm>
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 1995
Colin Pearson <pearson [at] science__canberra__edu__au> writes

>Carol would appreciate any information or literature relating to the
>effects of candle smoke on textiles from candles containing beeswax,
>refined paraffin wax plus stearic, for example.

I am not a textile's expert, but I would think that the effect of
candle smoke would be the same as soot (a nasty mixture of dust,
smoke, grease and dirt and grime).  The effect would be the same as
if the item had been exposed to a fire and the resulting damage
would depend on the extent of the exposure. Okay textile experts,
what do you think?

Jane Brown

                Distributed: Thursday, December 14, 1995