Subject: Condoms

Condoms

From: Owen Bradford <owen.bradford>
Date: Monday, December 11, 1995
This is posted on behalf of Christine Woodland, who has no knowledge
of my forwarding to the list.

  **** Moderator's comments:
  Please respond directly to sender and post it here as well

    From: Christine Woodland MRC) <lycw [at] libris__lib__warwick__ac__uk>

    Does anyone have any advice/references for the conservation of a
    C19 condom?

    The item in question is part of the Warwick Castle archive, held
    at the County Record Office in Warwick.  It was found with some
    letters dated 1853 (I do not know if the letters were from
    France).  My Conservator friend would be grateful for advice.

    Christine Woodland
    Senior Assistant Archivist
    Modern Records Centre, University Library
    University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
    +44 1203 524495
    Fax: +44 1203 524211

Owen Bradford
Deputy Bindery Manager
The Robinson Library
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
England
+44 91 222 7663
Fax: +44 91 222 6235

                Distributed: Thursday, December 14, 1995