Subject: Sealing cement

Sealing cement

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Thursday, December 7, 1995
Michael McColgin <mimccol [at] dlapr__lib__az__us> writes

>A new museum has a huge storage area that's excellent in every way
>*except* for the cement slab.  The builder says it may take 2 years
>for the cement to cure.  The odor is overwhelming and the area is
>currently used for storing both artifact and photograph collections.

I wonder whether MicroChamber emulsion might an answer. Like the
active archival paper and board versions MicroChamber emulsion has
been used very effectively to trap and neutralise awful smells,from
the environment and byproducts of deterioration.

I am sure Bill Hollinger, President of our American Office will be
happy to furnish the latest test data (yes there is more) and
testimonies from users around the world. Incidentally mini sample pots
of MicroChamber emulsion are available on request.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                 Distributed: Monday, December 11, 1995