Subject: Lantern slides

Lantern slides

From: Owen Bradford <owen.bradford>
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 1995
This was forwarded to me by one of my collections librarians. Can
anyone help? The sender is unaware of this posting but I'm sure any
advice will be welcomed.....

    Date: 5 Dec 95
    From: Jude Boxall <j.boxall1 [at] uclan__ac__uk>

    We have a quantity of lantern slides in one of our collections.
    Both black and white and colour tinted. However, some are
    cracked, some appear to be water damaged and some are just plain
    dirty. [I mean sooty not in questionable taste]

    Is there anybody out there able to offer advice on cleaning,
    conservation, storage, etc? Is anyone aware of a similar collection
    where I might seek advice? Finally, does anyone know if/ where it is
    possible to obtain a lantern slide projector? Thanks in
    anticipation,

    Jude Boxall
    Livesey Project
    Library
    University of Central Lancashire
    Preston, Lancashire PR1 2HE
    United Kingdom
    +44 1772 892292
    Fax: +44 1772 892937

Owen Bradford
Deputy Bindery Manager
The Robinson Library
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
England
+44 91 222 7663
Fax: +44 91 222 6235

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 6, 1995