Subject: Vinamul 6825

Vinamul 6825

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Wednesday, November 22, 1995
Vinamul 6825 (which replaced 6815), a vinyl acetate, co-polymer
emulsion containing 15% ethyl hexyl acrylate and used as a
consolidant for damp, non-metal objects has been discontinued by its
manufacturer.

We still have a pretty good supply of 6825 but I would appreciate
views from any conservators familiar with this product as to the
merits required for a suitable replacement which I might then pass
on to the manufacturer in the hope of locating a suitable
alternative.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources, England.

                 Distributed: Friday, December 1, 1995