Subject: White film on vinyl record

White film on vinyl record

From: Miriam Meislik <70243.1707>
Date: Friday, November 10, 1995
Recently, we became involved in a project involving old vinyl
records.  The records are from the late 1940s to early 1950s.  Two
of the records in the collection have a thin, white, pasty film
covering the entire record (all but the edges).  It does not brush
off.  I need to know what to use to remove this film and any
preferred procedure. I appreciate your help

Miriam Meislik

                Distributed: Thursday, November 16, 1995