Subject: Restoration of mosaics in situ

Restoration of mosaics in situ

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Tuesday, November 7, 1995
Maria Mavrommati <maria [at] spark__net__gr> writes

>The reinstallation of mosaics is our next step. The problem we face
>is to fill those 3 meters with the proper and best stuff available.

Might Primal AC33 may be a suitable acrylic emulsion for mosaic
restoration? It has I am informed been used for the consolidation
and repair of crumbling sandstone, masonry and mortar.

Comparing Primal WS24 to Primal AC33:

    Solid content    36%               46-47%
    pH               7                 9.4 to 9.9

AC33 has excellent freeze-thaw stability, a wide tolerance to
pigments and a high viscosity.

In the United Kingdom as a result of requests from conservators we
have recently taken the product on offering it in litre units as we
do Primal WS24.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources, England

                Distributed: Saturday, November 11, 1995