Subject: Barcoding and security systems

Barcoding and security systems

From: Merrily Smith <nppo>
Date: Thursday, November 2, 1995
The Library of Congress is developing a pilot project to investigate
the use of a barcoded inventory label with an embedded magnetic
security strip that will work with the KnoGo gate system.  We would
like to hear from anyone who has experience using this type of label
as a security device. We also need the names of manufacturers or
vendors of this type of label. We are particularly interested in
finding a manufacturer who sells an archival quality version of this
label, or one who could custom-produce such a label to our
specifications.

Reply to e-mail address above, or to Michele Youket, Binding Office,
Library of Congress.  202-707-5625; Fax: 202-707-3434

National Preservation Program Office
Merrily Smith
Library of Congress (LMG07)
Washington, DC 20540-4540