Subject: Labelling artifacts

Labelling artifacts

From: Anne Brockett <brockett>
Date: Thursday, October 26, 1995
I am forwarding this message for a colleague.

    Date: 17 Oct 95
    From: M. Jay Stottman <mjstot00 [at] ukcc__uky__edu>

        **** Moderator's comments:
        This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList
        and will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please
        respond directly to sender and if of general interest post
        it here as well

    I have a query concerning the labeling of artifacts.  Has anyone
    considered using laser printed numbers on acid free avery
    labels? These labels could then be afixed to the artifact and
    possibly sealed with clear coat.  I have heard of this process
    being used but I have not heard what the durability of this
    process is.  Does anyone have any opinions concerning this type
    of artifact labeling? How do the conservationists feel about
    this method?

    M. Jay Stottman
    Kentucky Archaeological Survey

Anne Brockett