Subject: Conkers

Conkers

From: Dominique Rogers <Do>
Date: Saturday, October 28, 1995
Mark Clarke <markey [at] gn__apc__org> writes

>I have known several people who place conkers in with textiles, to
>serve as odourless mothballs. (Renewing them each autumn.) Does
>anyone know if they really work?

When I was little, my mother used conkers in the wardrobe, I do not
know how efficient it was, but we did not have moths. She also, in
the summer, put an orange covered in cloves with her furs. I lived
in India and I used cloves to keep bugs away from the food storage,
it worked.

Dominique Rogers

                Distributed: Thursday, November 2, 1995