Subject: Flood damage in Norway

Flood damage in Norway

From: Peter Stott <pstott>
Date: Wednesday, November 1, 1995
    Date: 1 Nov 95
    From:  Astrid Opsal<astrid.opsal [at] mdpost__md__dep__telemax__no>
    Subject: Flood damage

        **** Moderator's comments:
        This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList
        and will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please
        respond directly to sender
            Astrid Opsal<astrid.opsal [at] mdpost__md__dep__telemax__no>
        and if of general interest post it here as well

    In Norway we had the flood of the century in May this year.
    Registration show that 4-500 historic buildings are damaged. We
    lack experience in how to treat these damages. Does anybody know
    anyone anywhere who have worked related to this? Questions that
    rise are eg. how to dry out the buildings the best way, how to
    take care of desinfication, -if this is needed (carpenters are
    afraid of getting ill) and also what is unneccesarry to do?
    Funds from the Directory of Cultural heritage in Norway are
    limited, of course....

    I am asking this on behalf of a mycologist involved in planning
    the repairs on the historic buildings. What other mailing lists
    could be tried?

    Best regards from Astrid Opsal.

                Distributed: Thursday, November 2, 1995