Subject: Rock art research in Colombia

Rock art research in Colombia

From: Fabian Torres Ardila <fatorres>
Date: Tuesday, October 31, 1995
There exists in Colombia, South America a group called GIPRI which has
been organized to record and investigate pictographs and
petroglyphs in Colombia. We have located over 700 zones and have cloth
rubbings of many of the petroglyphs. Also we offer our expertise in
computer presentation of pictures and digitalized designs to anyone
interested. A bulletin is in the process of being published showing the
type of work we accomplish. For example, recent finds, recording
techniques, rock art history in Colombia, ethnographical aspects of rock
art, etc. Soon we will send information to subscribe to the bulletin. In
the meantime send inquiries to:

Director Guillermo Munoz
Fundacion Cultura de los Pueblos pintores
Grupo GIPRI
Carrera 54a No 174-12 Urbanizacion Villa del prado
Santafe de Bogota, Colombia

                Distributed: Thursday, November 2, 1995