Subject: Ethics and materials

Ethics and materials

From: Mark Clarke <markey>
Date: Sunday, October 15, 1995
When I started to study conservation, all my artist friends were
*very* interested. (They stated that while there *are* artists for
whom the process of decay is intentional, this is exceptional.)

Beyond pigment permanence, the subject was not remembered as having
been taught in art schools. All were happy to take any extra care,
and most, even the students, were ok about the expense.

At their suggestion I am preparing a two-side A4 leaflet of
suggestions. When it is ready I will put it here and would
appreciate criticism.

I hope that it will help artists, even using unconventional media,
to make informed decisions, and minimise unnecessary potential
degradation

Mark Clarke
+44 171 277 1633

                 Distributed: Monday, October 16, 1995