Subject: Rolled photographs

Rolled photographs

From: Bradford Cole <brc2>
Date: Tuesday, October 10, 1995
I have a bunch of rolled up photographs that need to flattened or
relieved. Currently they are so tight and dry that unrolling them
would likely cracks the emulsion.  I have played around with a couple
of small, insignificant ones in my humidification chamber.  Some
seemed to flatten out better than others.  One I tried putting in a
dry mount press on a very low setting when it came out of the
chamber.  This one seemed to work the best.

I would be curious to know what others have done with these types of
items and if I am on the right track.

Brad Cole
Curator of Manuscripts
NAU Cline Library

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 11, 1995