Subject: Containers for rare books

Containers for rare books

From: Marsha Maguire <marsham>
Date: Friday, September 29, 1995
For our collection of "archival" books--i.e., books that do not
circulate but are basically considered museum artifacts--we wondered
if conservators might recommend storing the books in boxes (not
phase boxes, just acid-free boxes that would keep dust and light off
of a batch of books).  Every article on book care we've seen assumes
books are simply placed on open shelves, but we'd like to protect
them a bit more, if possible.  Do boxes meant for storing books
exist (all sizes)?

Marsha Maguire
Experience Music Project
110 - 110th Avenue, NE