Subject: Marking photographs

Marking photographs

From: Michael McColgin <mimccol>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 1995
In his new book, Henry Wilhelm says that the only media for marking
photographs he can  "...recommend at this time are water-base India
ink ... and the common 'lead' pencil."  Realizing that this is not a
perfect world, he later says Pilot's Photographic Marker is
preferable to other options such as ballpoint pens for marking
non-rare RC prints.  I speak to many genealogists, and most of them
believe they must mark prints some way so the information does not
get separated, so I follow Wilhelm's recommendations.

Michael McColgin, Preservation Officer
Arizona State Archives
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ  85007