Subject: Motion picture film cans

Motion picture film cans

From: Peter Shaw <peters>
Date: Monday, September 25, 1995
I am investigating the use of polypropylene for motion picture film
canisters. Any material selected needs to be appropriate for use at
low temps. (2-10 deg C)and RH (20%-30%). Essentially what  I need
are the chemical characteristics which will make it chemically and
physically inert and stable for the long term. At the same time the
canisters should be manufactured at an economically competitive
cost. Can anyone help with information on suitable plasticisers,
fillers, colourants, etc. Thanks,

Peter Shaw

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 26, 1995