Subject: Microfilm cleaners

Microfilm cleaners

From: Michael Trinkley <chicora1>
Date: Friday, September 22, 1995
We have been using PEC-12 Photographic Emulsion Cleaner from
Photographic Solutions, 7 Granston Way, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532 ,
508/759-2322 for some time on modern acetate films and have found it
very satisfactory. There is also an available MSDS which users
should request. I have not used it on other films and the company
specifically notes that it is NOT recommended for use on albumen or
non-hardened gelatin emulsions. It seems, however, that it would be
appropriate for use of fiche. Best,

Mike Trinkley
Chicora Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 8664