Subject: Deacidification sprays and blueprints--corrigendum

Deacidification sprays and blueprints--corrigendum

From: Sandy Hempe <shempe>
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 1995
I need to clear something up in my message (Conservation DistList
Instance: 9:27 ) that was cross posted to this list from the
Archives list.  I realized upon re-reading my original query about
the use of alkaline materials with blueprints that I had mistakenly
wrote "encapsulate" instead of "mylar folder" (sealed on one side,
which is what Michele Hamill was referring to in her presentation at
the SAA conference).  My apologies for misquoting her. This might
make a difference as to how much alkalinity the blueprint gets hit
with (surface contact with the reverse as opposed to an enclosed
micro climate).

Sandy Hempe
Conservation Technician
Missouri State Archives