Subject: Marking serials

Marking serials

From: Clara Keyes <c.keyes>
Date: Monday, September 11, 1995
We are revising procedures for stamping paper-based materials, and
would like to know how other institutions handle serials with slick
paper covers. Our director wants a clear ownership stamp on the
cover, and the Acquisitions librarian wants to have a date of
receipt. We have considered using paper labels, but the Acquisitions
librarian is concerned about the time it would take to apply the
labels, and the fact that with the labels no receipt date would be
apparent. As it is, we have ink smears, which are only partially
legible in many cases. (I have searched CoOL and found nothing on
this topic, at least nothing concise.) Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks,

Clara Keyes
Morehead State University
Morehead, Kentucky

               Distributed: Thursday, September 14, 1995