Subject: Removing permanent marker from acrylic paint

Removing permanent marker from acrylic paint

From: Patricia Smithen <patricia_smithen>
Date: Monday, September 11, 1995
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing red permanent marker
from an acrylic painting?  We have tried various solvents including
mineral spirit, toluene, alcohols and acetone alone and in
combination.  Thus far, everything that dissolves the marker also
affects the acrylic paint.  We made up test panels to try and fade
the marker under intense light and we have tried a dry cleaning
method with eraser.  So far nothing seems to work.

Patricia Smithen

               Distributed: Thursday, September 14, 1995