Subject: Adhesive for attaching canvas to wall

Adhesive for attaching canvas to wall

From: Laszlo Cser <laszlo>
Date: Monday, September 4, 1995
On 29 Aug 95, Mark Vine <100436.3447 [at] compuserve__com> wrote:

>Has anyone suggestions as to what adhesive one might use to
>re-adhere a now fully restored bomb damaged canvas to wall coving?

Further to Mark Vine's inquiry, there is an excellent system for
resolving the problems he has outlined. This involves the use of a
selection of two products specifically, one to overcome the adhesion
to a waxy surface, and the other to provide an adhesive that is
reversible and will allow for adjustable parameters (working time,
slippage for positioning, tack, etc.). These qualities can be found
in BEVA 371 Solution (or Film) in combination with BEVA GEL, which
is a water reversible contact type adhesive, both developed by
Gustav Berger. By using these two products in combination not only
can there be excellent initial results, but any air pockets that may
occur during application can be rectified without lancing by gently
tacking with a warm iron as both are mutually compatible and can be
heat set. I won't go into further detail in this forum. Anyone
needing to know where these materials can be acquired can contact me
directly for North & South American, U.K., or Continental European
suppliers.

Laszlo Cser
Restorart Inc.
23 Morrow Ave.
Toronto, M6R 2H9
Canada
416-539-8069
Fax:  416-532-6829

                Distributed: Thursday, September 7, 1995